Sunday, August 4, 2013

Day 8: Billings, WY to Swift Current, SK

I was concerned that Trigger has a problem in the front forks. The front forks, on both sides are leaking fluid. I'm getting spatter on my boots, and it is collecting on the header guard I put on before I left Andrews. If I hadn't put this guard on the fluid would be spattering on the header and making smoke. I cleaned off the spatter. There isn't much I can do until I get to a Ducati dealership to deal with this leak. Stay calm and carry on.

 This is the most boring part of the trip. When I get to the top of a hill, the next hill is 20 miles away. I had to get off Trigger several times because I get drowsy. There wasn't much to take pictures of except this abandoned grain hauler just after I crossed the international border.


I hooked up with my nephew Boyd and his lovely wife Nichole in Swift Current before hitting the sack for a much needed rest. Damn, these long flat rides suck the energy right out of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment