Sunday, August 4, 2013

Day 10: Benito, MB to Willingston, ND

Like the ride from Billings to Swift Current, there isn't much to see. But there were some colorful fields.

I crossed the border with fewer issues than any other time coming across with the Gold Wing. Perhaps the guards were more impressed with Trigger than they had been with Lucille. Williston has been taken over by the fracking industry. The only room I could find was a brand new motel north of the city. When I looked it up on Google Earth all it showed was a bare patch of ground. Apparently, the most recent satellite pass occurred when they were just building. The room was functional, and the towels were soft. They let me park Trigger right outside my window between the curb and the building. When I took the rain cover off the next morning a bat had taken up residence under the bike.  Weird. North Dakota doesn't have much for tourism.

No comments:

Post a Comment