Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day 1: Andrews to Albuquerque

I was hoping to get on the road at sun up to avoid the worst of the daytime heat. But I was not ready as fast as I thought I could. It was 8:30 a.m. before I got on the road, then half way around Mustang Drive I realized I had not closed the garage door. Whoops! Turn around, close the door, lock up the house. Wound not want to come home and find my wide screen HD TV gone.


Trigger is all loaded and anxious to get on the road. It is amazing that I could load that much gear on the back of the bike.

I came up on a couple of BMW GS adventure tourers (Michigan plates) while waiting for traffic to clear in road construction between Plains and Roswell. I thought we would hit it off since we both were riding adventure tourers. But these guys had knobbies on and could not keep up with Trigger. I imagine the vibration would shed a few pounds off them. They caught up with me in Roswell traffic, but do not seem interested in riding together. Oh well, they are only Beemers.

Stopped at the rest stop between Roswell and Vaughn to give my butt and Trigger's a rest.

Cline"s Corner!

Got into Albuquerque in good time. Beat the rush hour traffic. Don't stay at at the Nativo. Coke machines are empty and a 12-oz coke at the bar is $3. I'm meeting my cousin Rick for the first time in thirty years. When I was moving from SoCal to Kansas I blew a tire near Albuquerque. He helped me get back on the road. It is terrible that I've let so much time lapse without seeing him.

Tomorrow I head out for Farmington to see Suzie and Doug. Look out Farmington!

1 comment:

  1. It is sad to let that much time go by. I have several cousins in ALBQ myself. Haven't seen them in a while, but one is getting married (for the first time at 60+ years of age), so I HAVE to be there for that. Enjoying this little adventure so far.

    ReplyDelete