Thursday, December 12, 2013

Las Vegas and an unexpected stop in Albuquerque.

This was supposed to be the final day of my tour. I was getting a bit saddle sore. So I thought I'd stop at PJ's Motorcycles in Albuquerque to have the oil leak in the front forks that had been nagging me since Yellowstone looked at. The repairs manager was a nice enough guy, but did not think the leak was covered under warrantee. He said it was a "consumable" and I would have to pay for it. Fortunately, he didn't have the right fork seal to replace mine, but said I was safe to ride Trigger home and get the seal replaced at a later date. But he did point out my rear tire needed to be replaced. I thought it looked pretty good, until at closer inspection, there was some bare areas. I had planned on getting Pilot Road 3s put on for the next set of tires, but PJ's did not have any in stock. So I put another Pirelli Scorpion Trail on the rear.

By this time it was getting late, so I booked a room at the local Motel 6 just down the road. I  used Booking.com and got the room for $15! For only $15 I'd sleep in a locker. But it was a decent room, clean, and right next to a Waffle House. I felt like Tin Cup having breakfast there.

The positive side of this unscheduled stop was the opportunity to spend the afternoon with my Aunt Daisy. I had not seen her since my mother's funeral in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment