Thursday, December 12, 2013

Colorado Springs to Las Vegas, NM

By morning the sky around Colorado Springs looked much more inviting.


After loading my gear on Trigger we headed south on I-25. It was not going to be an adventure today. Just 250 miles of four lane slab. The rains from the previous two days had driven the temperatures down, so riding was pleasant, albeit, boring. North of Las Vegas I pulled into a rest stop and found good examples of xeroscaping that might be useful at home.


After I left the rest stop I noticed storm clouds building to the west and my aversion to adverse weather was again building.


Fortunately I made it into Las Vegas before the storm crossed my path. And these storms stayed north of town so Trigger didn't get wet. I was a little peeved that the Holiday Inn Express would not let me park Trigger under the overhang in front of the hotel. This was the only motel on my trip that did not extend that courtesy. I'll remember that when I book reservations in the future. I did find excellent food and beverage in Las Vegas. Anyone going through the town should hit Dick's Pub and Restaurant, 705 Douglas Ave. The smothered burrito was to die for... and I probably will.


No comments:

Post a Comment